Lemme guess – you’re looking for ‘video editing san diego‘, right? Awesome! You are definitely at the right place.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is truly priceless. That’s because amazing editing transforms a mediocre video into an out-of-this-world presentation, but poor editing gives a viewer eye cancer. Seriously – eye cancer. So, ‘do your homework’, alright? But don’t Google that eye cancer bit. That’s “true” – just trust me on that.
We’re here to help you learn a few things about the post-production process so you fully understand what specialized video editing companies (Like us!) can offer.
What Is Video Editing?
Video editing is a pretty basic concept. At its heart, editing involves rearranging video or audio clips, adding or removing video or audio segments, applying color corrections, adding filters or other enhancements, and creating transitions between different clips.
What Are the Primary Goals of Editing?
Video editing serves a number of different purposes that are typically defined by the intended outcome of the filming and subsequent editing process. The end goal should be defined prior to starting the editing process and may include any number of end results, such as:
- Eliminate unwanted or unnecessary footage – Removing unwanted footage is the simplest and most common video editing task. By simply eliminating unnecessary footage, most recordings can be significantly improved.
- Select the best footage – Most videographers shoot much more footage than they actually need, which allows them to select the best material to use in the final presentation. It is also common practice to shoot several different versions of a single clip to facilitate selection of the best one for the final edit.
- Establish flow – Most visual presentations have a specific purpose, such as telling a story or presenting information. Effective editing helps achieve this goal by creating effective flow throughout the movie.
- Add graphics, effects, music, and more – These additional elements sets a good movie apart from a great one. Most visual presentations can be improved significantly by simply adding a few extra elements.
- Augment the pace, mood, or style of the presentation – Creating the right mood is another important effect in a visual presentation. Mood music and different visual effects are effective techniques to achieve these goals.
- Create an appropriate ‘angle’ in the video – Additional editing can be done to tailor the presentation to a particular viewpoint, message, or agenda.
What Should I Look for When Hiring a Video Editing Company?
Great editing can literally make or break a presentation, so it is important to invest in a solid post-production company. A qualified team of editors should have a wide range of skills and be able to work with a number of different types of material to create a finalized product. So, what makes a video editing team qualified?
Here’s what we’d be looking for if we were in your shoes:
- Experienced – Look for a company that has an experienced team of professionals. Ask for credentials and references so that you can assess the company for yourself.
- Timely – Discuss deadlines upfront to see if the company can work within your timeline.
- Budget-Oriented – A quality company can offer you a range of options within your budget. If the company is constantly trying to upsell you, then consider finding someone else.
- Unique – If you just go with any “run-of-the-mill” company, you are just going to get the same old video as everyone else. So, take the time to look for a unique company to create an engaging and one-of-a-kind video.
- Up-to-Date – In video editing, make sure the company, processes, and equipment are up to today’s standards.
What Should I Ask a Video Editing Company Prior to Signing a Contract?
If you are evaluating different companies, consider asking these questions:
- What does your standard service package consist of?
- How is pricing calculated when additional tasks are requested?
- What is your company’s policy in regards to rights of footage?
- Can I view a sample of prior projects?
- What experience does your company have in my business/industry?
- How much can I be involved in the production and editing process?
- What other projects do you currently have in production?
- Do you love what you do? … sheesh, why would ever hire anyone who didn’t love what they did?
Getting these answers will help you determine if a company is the right fit for you. For example, if a company is not willing to provide samples of previous work, then you don’t know what you’re getting into. Likewise, a company who offers a great price but doesn’t have a great track record will most likely result in a sub-par product. And migraines, lots of migraines.
Got the Answers You Were Looking for About ‘Video Editing San Diego?’
Alright, now that you’re super expert on ‘video editing san diego,’ it’s time to give us a call at Don’t Panik! for your next project. Seriously. We’re eagerly waiting by the phone right now, eating a box of Cheetos and waiting for your phone call. Cheers-tos.